Saturday, September 14, 2013

DIY Pallet Art

With lots of left over pallet wood from my coffee table project I decided to make some pallet art! There's a wealth of images and diy blogs online and on pinterest to give you some inspiration!


I lightly sanded the boards down and stained some of them.

I took some of the left over blue paint I had and added some water then brushed it on some of the boards as well to give it a slight blue tint. I let them dry overnight.
I used some of the broken boards to attach them all and nailed them in place.

Instead of painting the words on I thought I'd sketch them out with chalk first before using a permanent method. I liked the chalk look so well that I left it alone!


 I love the way it turned out!! I may add a black and white photo of the family to the right but for right now I'm just enjoying my free wall art!

No comments:

Post a Comment